My career started back in 1995 when I was offered one of only ten places on Sainsbury’s Graduate Trainee Management Scheme, as part of their recruitment and expansion strategy into the Northern Ireland market. The intensive 12-month programme provided me with an amazing opportunity to train across all service departments at five of their regional stores in the Midlands.
Upon completion of my training, I was promoted to a Department Manager position and part of the first-ever management team into Northern Ireland, helping to open Ballymena branch in December 1996.
Since then, I’ve managed to work for some truly world-class companies across a number of competitive markets. My career-to-date has provided me with the unique experience of working both client and agency-side in Montreal, Hamburg and various cities across the UK.
Some career highlights
- Coordinated and edited all award submissions at Stickyeyes, delivering nine major wins including ‘Best Digital Agency’.
- Developed and led the global media strategies for three full-service marketing agencies, securing over 500 pieces of high-profile media coverage – substantially raising their brand profiles.
- Project managed 80 global events and successfully negotiated over £500k in savings on all marketing activity to-date for previous employers.
- Delivered Nunwood’s global marketing strategy, helping the agency to achieve 100% revenue growth and winning Marketing Magazine’s ‘Agency of the Year’ in 2005 and 2007.
- Led an international marketing team of 15 at Future Electronics in Montreal – delivering record revenues and profit margin at the $4 billion global electronics distributor. Promoted to Corporate Product Manager after just six months, my product line was one of the best performing.
- Played a key role in developing the relationship with Vodafone, one of the key strategic partners at Philips Semiconductors, where I worked within the Hamburg-based mobile communications team as a Segment Marketing Manager.